Hi, I'm Dan Sweet, I'm the financial conscience of the Iams brand at P&G. In my spare time, I'm a data analytics geek and startup junkie.
Dan Sweet delivers business results by helping teams focus on the most important metrics. Where capabilities don't exist, Dan builds them. Dan's international experiences and years of leadership in non-profits have taught him to lead teams effectively while still being someone people actually want to work with. Dan Sweet loves turning massive amounts of raw data into actionable insights and building tools to enable teams to work better. Recently, Dan Sweet is especially interested in analytics and data visualization. Dan Sweet is currently a P&G Finance Manager.
Dan Sweet's Background
Dan Sweet's Experience
Senior Financial Analyst at Procter & Gamble
June 2011 - Present | Cincinnati, OH
- Primary finance analyst for the Iams brand
- Manage $XXXMM budget to deliver $1B+ top line
- Own analysis of initiatives - design to delivery
Customer Team Finance Manager at Procter & Gamble
June 2009 - May 2011
- Finance Leader for team of 90+
- Managed multiple $XX MM budgets to deliver $XXX MM in revenue
- Led analysis, sale, execution and tracking of a significant shift in go to market strategy
- Designed and implemented scorecards and tracking tools to provide visibility to run rates and areas of over / underdevelopment across key business segments down to account, employee, and territory levels.
Summer F&A Intern at Procter & Gamble
June 2008 - August 2008
- Built models
- Quantified the unquantifiable
- Met a ton of great people
- Learned a lot.
Porsche Sales Consultant at Herb Chambers Porsche
March 2007 - June 2007 | Boston, MA
- Quickly mastered a complex product line, built rapport with clients and closed sales
- First in units sold every month within the sales team
Team Leader / Campus Chaplain at Intervarsity Christian Fellowship / USA
August 2004 - March 2007
- Managed a team of four staff and 18 student leaders directing ministries serving more than 80 Boston University undergraduates in the Asian American Christian Fellowship.
- Led organizational change, grew group in size by 80%; pioneered a 400% increase in small-group participation; expanded the scope of the leadership team and grew its size by 50%.
Dan Sweet's Education
University of Notre Dame - Mendoza College of Business
2007 – 2009
Washington State University - College of Business and Economics
1996 – 2000
Dan Sweet's Interests & Activities
Data and startup-related RSS feeds, Strata / PyCon / ThisWeekIn Startups / Venture Capital talks on YouTube, photography, danielsweet.com, teaching myself more Python and R